Super Mario Land RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Peach

Mushroom Kingdom Princess

Peach

Star Points : 0

Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyThu 29 Oct - 23:32

So we have the 5th Mario & Sonic Olympic series game coming sometime in 2016. Not much has been shown besides new characters. This game will be on both Wii U and 3DS, unlike the previous installment which was Wii U only. There will also be an Arcade version coming too, but the character roster is limited. (Wario is confirmed for the Arcade version but not in the Wii U/3DS versions yet.)

New characters include Rouge and Jet who were Rival characters in the past Mario & Sonic games. Diddy Kong and Nabbit are also going to be playable. Zazz from Sonic Lost World and Sticks from Sonic Boom have also been shown, but no one really knows if they are playable too. If they are, then Rosalina is definitely going to be playable too.

Anyone even excited for this? I'm only really interested in these games because it has Sonic and Mario characters together. I'd prefer an adventure game revolving around the characters from both Sonic and Mario. Also, assuming there are more new characters, who else would you want to see? I hope Zazz is actually playable, he's hilarious and reminds me of Iggy.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Star Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyThu 29 Oct - 23:58

To be fair, im totally getting it! Im a fan of this games especially for the dream events. Also, i like that all games of the series are original to the others. I have all of them on Wii and Wii U and im planning to get the DS and 3DS versions of thoses games. Im happy there will finally be new characters! 2 games in a row without any newcommers was kinda odd.. I hope Toad and Cream will finally be more than hosts and became playable! And maybe to get Toadette playable as well? Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 1402337169 I hope we get something as fun as London Party was! London games was my favorite of the series as well. Also, never forget SEGA remixes. Sometimes, they are really good! Also, we need better dream events than the Sotchi version, they were so bland... Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 1667441382 But still, im totally getting this game as it comes out!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 0:09

I'm going to be buying these games too. The Dream Events are always fun, I'd rather play those over the actual Olympic events in the game. The new characters are cool too, although I'm not sure if Zazz and Sticks are playable. Sticks seems a bit out of place to me since she is from Sonic Boom and not in the main Sonic games, but she'd still be a cool addition. Hopefully the Dream events in this game will be good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 0:22

I think they should only do Dream Events for once, the game would be even better! Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 2827780 Nabbit is kinda weird but im kinda excited for him as well, that will be interessing. Also, wait.. There will be an ARCADE VERSION?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 0:33

The game would probably feel even more like a party game if the game just had Dream Events, which I wouldn't complain about that. There's supposed to be an Arcade version coming out, but all I know is that the character roster is limited (5 Sonic characters and 5 Mario characters) to 10 of the 20 something playable characters.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 0:38

Wow interessing.. But weird at the same time.. Wonder how it will be at the end.. Limited i guess? Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 4095938269
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 0:44

Just looked up some information on it, it actually has 8 characters instead of 10, I thought it was 10 for some reason. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Peach. There are only four events too, and each time you play you can play up to three of them.

Maybe they'll add more or change some things before the actual arcade release but I wouldn't bet on it that much.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 0:50

No Yoshi? Ohw.. Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 1994382054 Well it more sounds like the demo of an actual game.. Wonder why they did that Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 344614850
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 1:03

Yeah I wish it had Yoshi... it does seem more like a demo for the actual games.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Star Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 2:41

I'm lazy so I'm going to copy paste what I already said in another topic Razz

Daisy wrote:
Mario and Sonic olympic games are awful... I tried, I just find the gameplay horrible, impossible to handle and sometimes it's so badly explained I don't even understand what to do. And same as my previous problem, some games are too short...

I just never understood how to play because the quick tutorials you have before every game is very bad. Or maybe I am just stupid Sad
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 2:46

I actually do have trouble playing some events no matter how many times I look at the tutorials. Either the events are straight-up easy or they're very difficult and frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 2:49

I tend to give up on games when I keep losing. It's a shame because when I watch videos of good players, it looks funny :/ !!
But most of the time I'm like "what?! Why is it not moving!!" Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 3609288206
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 2:53

Reminds me of a certain orange princess... XD
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 2:53

That's the SEGA experience for you!
To be honest, i never had serious controls issues.. Except in the Sotchi one the solo mode doesn't have tutorial for his events but except this one, i never had problems with the controls.. But might be just me?
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 2:57

One problem I have with Mario & Sonic 2014 (Sochi) was that I'm not a big fan of most of the Dream Events. There's only like two or three I'd love to play over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 3:02

Same problem.. Also, Action & Answer Tour was a nice idea but i still prefear London Party.
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 3:09

Yeah, London Party was pretty good. I liked the Festival Mode (Wii) and the Story Mode (DS) in the first Olympic Winter Games.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 3:11

You both made me want to give the game a second chance!
I will soon, and will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 3:11

Festival Mode was too easy for my taste but it was great! And i still needs the DS version of Winter Games & London Games, they looks great! I just recently had the first Olympics on DS and i liked it more than the Wii version (More stuff and especially more and better Dream Events!!  Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 1673654143 )
I know! You both come here and we play it all night!!
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 3:13

I do like the DS version more for the first Olympic Games. For the first Winter Olympics I preferred the Wii version mainly for the Dream Events.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptyFri 30 Oct - 3:16

I've seen a bit of the Dream Events and they look kinda bland.. Ouch pale
But everybody says the Story Mode is great so i have to see..
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptySun 1 Nov - 4:03

I know this is a topic for the future game but I needed to talk about my frustration. I tried again to play Mario and Sonic winter games 2014 and seriously... I just can't. The tutorials are complicated and long, the moves you have to do with the wii mote are not clear, I keep having awful scores, I gave up during the curling tutorial. The explanations took ages it was ridiculous.
I just don't manage to play, I'm sad I suck so much at video games, wanted to play with mah Daisy but failed Sad

I really hope they will correct the handling and tutorials for the next one...
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptySun 1 Nov - 4:14

I'm sorry that happened. Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 3965300714 The Mario & Sonic games don't always have the best instructions. Mario Kart is where it's at. (Daisy needs to be playable in a platformer now Nintendo)
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptySun 1 Nov - 4:21

OF COURSE the unlockable one in mario 3D world was Rosalina...
I want to play as Daisy more.
The graphics in the olympics games are cool, even some Sonic characters have a very good design, I don't know the new ones but that Blaze the cat and the gator one seem cool.
Frustration is intense.
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 EmptySun 1 Nov - 4:25

We'd probably get Daisy in platformers and other games if she makes it into Smash Bros... Super Princess Peach 2 with Daisy as Peach's sidekick would be nice too.

The graphics are pretty good. One thing that bothers me is Sonic's mouth. Most games and artwork have Sonic's mouth drawn to the side but in the Olympic series and in Super Smash Bros. Brawl his mouth is right below his noise like a human. The gator's name is Vector the Crocodile, he was first in Knuckles' Chaotix back in 1995. (I'm a Sonic nerd)

True XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016   Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next