Super Mario Land RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should we allow duplicates?
No
[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Vote_lcap13%[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Yes
[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Vote_lcap50%[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Yes on certain conditions (explain)
[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Vote_lcap37%[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Star Points : 3

[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Empty
PostSubject: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 21:04

This is a question me and a friend were thinking about a lot.
It's important for me to know your point of view so please read, and answer.

If a character already exist on the forum, should we allow another member to create an account for it too, or not?

These are my point of views, with random exemples to make you understand :

Pros :

-Can be interesting if the new character has a complete way of roleplaying his character from the existing one, and share different point of views.

Example : if we already have a Luigi who roleplays as a coward shy one, not really into Luigi's Mansion, and the new Luigi roleplays as a brave Luigi, or mainly based on Luigi's mansion games.

-Can avoid people's frustration for not creating an account because his favourite character is taken, and not be part of our community.

Example : a friend really wants to join the forum but his favourite and only character he wants to roleplay as, is Bowser. He will see a Bowser already exists and wont come. Shame!

-Can also avoid a member's frustration if a character doesn't want to roleplay with him, while a new coming one might be very interested.

Example : My Daisy has a huge crush on Luigi and the already existing Luigi sadly doesn't ship them and doesn't want to RP with my Daisy. He absolutely hates Daisy. That would be quite sad for me to have to deal with that Luigi, and I'll be quite happy if a new Luigi fan of Daisy wants to join!

-Can allow people who already roleplay as a character to actually have a chance to roleplay WITH that character (if they have another character as well. A Mario will probably not roleplay with a Mario.)

Example : Imagine I'm Mario and love roleplaying as him. Imagine I also have a Peach account. I would be quite happy to be able to jump on my Peach's account and roleplay with that new Mario!

The cons now :

- Competition. Some people want to be "the best" or "the only" one. They can be scared of getting abandonned if the new roleplayer is "better" than them.

Example : If a new Daisy comes around, and if she writes in better english than me (which is not hard) and if she gets more attention than me, it will get me very upset. I like being the one and "true" Daisy.  (I'm taking myself as an example but I know a lot of people feel this way about roleplay)

That's the only con I'm thinking about really, but it's quite an important one.

So my final idea is yes, we should allow them, but should never abandon the ones who were already there, or can't write the best sentences. Everybody deserves a chance, and it two people have the same character, they should treat each other with respect, treat them as their equal, and never try to make the other one feel inferior.

[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 738143541

So what is your point of view?
Back to top Go down
Peach

Mushroom Kingdom Princess

Peach

Star Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 21:11

I don't know how I would feel about another Peach. I feel like nobody really RPed with my Peach on DeviantArt because they would rather RP with other Peach accounts, so I didn't get as much attention. So if another Peach was on here regardless of how different they would be, I would get the feeling that that Peach might take away some attention from me.
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Star Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 21:19

It's a yes for me! Especially for the second reason you mentioned!
I would be really disapointed if i can't roleplay as the character i want if i was new.. Neutral
I can deal with another Toadette, just people should be able to differenciate the two and im fine with it!
But yes i wouldn't like rivality bettween similar accounts as well.. And to be fair, being the best as roleplaying a character is... a kinda weird competition... I dunno why some people would like to be "The best *insert character*" so badly.. To me that seems stupid and kinda selfish... Neutral
It's still a yes from me anyway! [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 2827780
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Invincible Star
Invincible Star
Luigi

Star Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 21:29

I used to roleplay on Facebook, where we were like 4 Luigis, they all have their own ways of roleplaying them and I considered them as my "bros".
My friends were roleplaying with me even if the other Luigis had more imagination. It's all that mattered to me.

I'm sorry for your bad experience Peach, but if you get good friends and people to roleplay with, they will not abandon you for another one. They can still talk to both.

And this forum is full of nice people, it's not DeviantArt  [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 738143541

So yeah for me too!
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 23:08

I'd be fine with other Peaches as long as they don't end up replacing me or try to act like they're better than me or anything.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 23:30

Peach, it's not because people acted like this with you on a website that it means they will be the same everywhere. I do remember all the Luigi on Facebook, I used to talk to all of them and I also talk with a few Peach. I never stop talking to a character because another shows up ! Surprised

Plus, I clearly understood you weren't too much into roleplaying with someone else that me (Daisy) which is sweet, I really appreciate your Peach likes Daisy, most Peach don't even talk to me.
So it really wouldn't be fair to reject other Peaches because you are here. You can still be my main Peach, and give a chance to other Peaches.

Roleplaying the same character but differently, doesn't mean reaplacing! [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 3965300714

And I'm glad Toadette and Luigi agree with me :3 !
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 23:38

Like I said I'm fine with other Peaches, I don't have problems with that. I just don't like being rejected, that's all. It has happened to me a few times.

I'll admit I'm actually interested in RPing with another Peach as Peach if another one ever shows up on here.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 23:44

And like I said, this forum is different and you wont be rejected.
Especially not by me [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 738143541

A Peach and Peach roleplay?
Well that will be possible thanks to the next Mario Paper game, Peach VS paper Peach tongue
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyMon 26 Oct - 23:51

Thank you [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 3965300714 And yes DeviantArt is really different, everyone on here seems nice.

I've seen some people on DeviantArt RP with someone who is RPing as the same character, I think it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Iggy Koopa

Laughing Prankster

Laughing Prankster
Iggy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyTue 27 Oct - 20:21

((All right, I will admit I don't like the idea of having multiple accounts mainly for the reason you've stated above, people could easily outshine others and make them feel bad. Or they simply want to be the "only" or "real" character, blah blah. But at the same time, it's true they could feel hurt as well if they aren't able to role-play as one of their favorite characters because they were late to the site, which isn't their fault. So in the long run I will agree with your idea of having multiple accounts if the people running them are treated fairly and don't ignore the others.))
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyTue 27 Oct - 20:33

Thank you Iggy I am glad you understand my point Very Happy
And don't worry Iggy, I don't think it's a big risk for you (even if Koopalings became quite trendy!)
I was more thinking about main characters like Mario, Luigi, Peach etc...
Because I know a lot of people might be interested in roleplaying as them. In fact, most of the friends I invited here were interesting in characters like Luigi Mario and Peach (even if for the moment, I have no news from them, sadly).
That's mainly why I "worried" and posted that poll.

But I'm pretty sure you'll stay our true and main Iggy whatever happens cheers [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 3965300714
Back to top Go down
Iggy Koopa

Laughing Prankster

Laughing Prankster
Iggy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyTue 27 Oct - 20:45

((Haha yeah! I know a lot of people used to role-play as the koopalings in around 2012 and 2013 on other sites, they must have had the whole family. I appreciate the kind words, that really means a lot to me, especially at the end. You're the one responsible for this amazing site and you'll always be the main Daisy to me too! Very Happy I think you do a great job role-playing. Anyways, with that said, whatever you decide to do is fine with me! And sorry about those friends...I tried to recruit some people from dA but I'm not sure if they are interested unfortunately.))
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyTue 27 Oct - 20:53

{{Aww thank you!!! [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 3965300714  It's a shame that, as Daisy, I don't have a lot of opportunities to interact with Koopalings sadly, so later on, if a Koopaling stays free for a while, I might make one to be able to roleplay with you guys [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 738143541  And don't worry about recruiting... I prefer a small community with nice people than a big one full of bad persons, really. [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? 3212940383
Back to top Go down
BigPapaBowser

Koopa King

Koopa King
BigPapaBowser

Star Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? EmptyThu 29 Oct - 6:14

Limiting it is probably a bad idea.

Some people don't want to engage in certain RPs (for instance, I don't like fighting RPs and some Mario may REALLY want to do a fighting RP with a Bowser). Some RPers just may not get along, and some people may ship certain characters more than others.

Best to not limit it for those reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?   [Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters? Empty

Back to top Go down

[Important Poll] Should we allow duplicate characters?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1