Super Mario Land RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions and suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom

Questions and suggestions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 2:15

I also died because Facebook killed me so I can relate.. Crying or Very sad
But I don't really need a new account! Im happy here Very Happy
Also, im kinda neutral for that general talking section.. Would be nice but not really necessary.. Questions and suggestions - Page 2 4095938269
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Invincible Star
Invincible Star
Luigi

Star Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 2:43

the only topic I think about and need would be about unactive members. Where you can ask "will that person come back? Does anyone have news about him? Maybe he has lost the link to the forum? Can someone contact him and ask ?

I just miss maaaariioooo.... Crying or Very sad

I suppose a MARIO(or other) should be replaced when abandonning a rp for 2 weeks without giving an explanation. And an active member could take this account to continue the story instead of leaving it dead, no?
Back to top Go down
Peach

Mushroom Kingdom Princess

Peach

Star Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 3:07

I never had an RP FaceBook account, I have a Peach RP account on DeviantArt but I abandoned it in favor of this forum. (Plus I don't feel like going back to it right now)

I'm too shy to approach people and ask them if they want to RP with me. Probably why I haven't done much RPing on here and more discussing things. I don't know what would be the best place on here to ask people if they want to RP besides the Chat. Maybe we could have a section where we can post RP ideas to make it easier to ask people to RP with you?
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Invincible Star
Invincible Star
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 3:16

Maybe the way you roleplay Peach scares people. You don't want a Mario, a Bowser, a Luigi, no romance, just daisy and girl roleplayers. that already puts a lot of roleplayer off. You can't force yourself to rp romance if you hate it but everyday life can be funny to roleplay and if you want to be more open minded I will be happy to try one. And rp with you Questions and suggestions - Page 2 3212940383 hope you see what I mean, that's why the other Peach came
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 4:50

I hope my Peach isn't scaring people, I just want her to be different from the actual Peach because I hate how she always gets kidnapped in the Mario games. XD I'd actually like to RP with other characters besides Daisy. I've actually RPed with Mario, Luigi, and Bowser on DeviantArt once but that was not too long before I came on here so I'd like to RP with other characters. It's fun RPing with Daisy RPers because of Daisy's close friendship with Peach but I can't just RP with one character the whole time. I've been RPing with Toadette currently though so that's a start.

I'm just too shy to ask people if they want to RP. I'm not a fan of romance so that's why I stay away from that. I think the other Peach is fine with romance RPs though, I'm not too sure.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Invincible Star
Invincible Star
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 15:06

Yes she is! But sadly it looks like all the Mario we have just disappear... Most roleplayers disappear after a few messages. I dunno why  Questions and suggestions - Page 2 4095938269
Back to top Go down
BigPapaBowser

Koopa King

Koopa King
BigPapaBowser

Star Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 21:50

Low activity generates lower activity.

Factionism is something humans depend on. It's why morals seem to go to the wayside whenever a group is formed.

Consider: Do you get more work done when someone else is expecting something out of you? Typically, the answer is yes.

When groups are formed, motivation is created.

However, when a group is "dead", don't expect much to happen. Basically, if you want to keep a steady supply of members posting and generating activity, you need an explosion of members. Members see other members doing things. Members decide the group is worth time.

A lot of us are also shy. That Peach is, I am. I've never started an RP, I don't look at other RPs unless someone physically invites me to one. It doesn't help, but also part of human nature.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Star Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 22:34

This is true and not true.
Some people here just came once or twice, or just wrote an introduction and never posted anything anywhere else, and that, even when it was busy sometimes.

Toad and Peach started a roleplay with Wario, he still owes a reply, I have a feeling he will never come back to be honest. Shame.

Luigi started a roleplay with Ashley, same, she never replied and will probably never come back. But meanwhile, she is very active on Facebook.

A Mario owes Peach and Luigi a reply, he just never logged in again after writing his last message.

And Waluigi. As much as I love talking and roleplaying with that person, he keeps disappearing after a RP, sometimes for weeks.

I just don't understand people. Oh and this Luigi who created an account and never came back. But is still very active on Facebook.

I think people create an account to "try" but they realise they are more comfortable with Facebook to RP. Well, their loss.

It has nothing to do with the forum being busy or not. Trust me. Some people even stress out when a forum becomes too active and just run away from it. Everybody reacts differently.  The only few people loyal and active here are all the same from the beginning, they will still come whatever happens, busy or quiet, I'm thinking of Iggy, Toadette, Peach Luigi, you etc...

Even when some evenings, the forum was super busy and all, I could see some members online, just reading, and not posting.
I can say names, I am not scared as you could see. It's like Wario or King Boo. I see them online from time to time, they read and don't post.

Being shy to start a RP is a thing, being rude (not answering to messages and ignoring people) is another thing.

Considering the other Peach is a shy person, I admire the courage and enjoy the fact she's still around. Questions and suggestions - Page 2 3965300714

Sorry this post was long lol, I just expressed my current frustration.
But in a way, it's just a reflect of real life and Facebook : people are just not reliable. You have a few who are, like friends. You can count them on one hand.

To be honest I created that forum to keep in touch with my real main friends I knew from Facebook because we kept being deleted, and those friends are still here and reliable, and it's all that matters.

I'm already busy between real life and my other main forum so I'm okay if this one doesn't become over popular to be honest Razz

I just wish I had an active Mario, really.
The rest, the other mains important to me are there.
I have my Peach(es) my Luigi my Bowser my Toadette Questions and suggestions - Page 2 738143541
And even if I never roleplayed with him them I am happy to have a very active Iggy and a Lemmy too. And even that shy guy Questions and suggestions - Page 2 767059706

Ok I stop talking now lol Razz

The only thing I can say is : Facebook.

Because most people from this forum are still on FB and prefer being on that awful website. Like I said, their loss.
At least here you wont lose your character account and messages.
(Except if you piss me off Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Star Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 22:51

Sure it was long but it was well said!
I love this forum personally don't need a new FB account anymore!! Questions and suggestions - Page 2 3965300714
Back to top Go down
BigPapaBowser

Koopa King

Koopa King
BigPapaBowser

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 22:53

It doesn't necessarily have to be popular, but we'd need enough members to beget more activity.

Hell, even having three more active members, taking important roles (Like Mario) would do wonders for morale and increase activity.

But activity is the reason people stay on a site. Think of it like consoles. You don't buy a game consoles if there's no games to play on it.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 22:58

Oh of course I agree. Just a minimum activity is needed. Obviously nobody will post anymore if there is nobody to answer but we are still a few people so I will not use the word "dead" yet. Me and Toadette may not be the mains, and not everybody likes Daisy, but we are here.

I definitely agree for Mario too. It's a shame because the 2 Marios we had were nice and good roleplayers but they just disappeared with no explanation. Questions and suggestions - Page 2 4095938269
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 23:00

I'm guessing most of the people who have joined this forum are just busy in life or have better things to do. I'm alright with only a small group on here though, even though people were more willing to RP with my Peach on DA I'd rather stay on here. I know that Morton will be coming back on here soon though, probably in the next few weeks.

I've been hearing things about FaceBook shutting down RP accounts. Which is why I won't ever make one for any character, just my personal account. Razz

And to be honest I actually didn't want to a Peach RPer in the first place. If anyone wants to know that whole story I'll tell you.
Back to top Go down
BigPapaBowser

Koopa King

Koopa King
BigPapaBowser

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Dec - 23:01

Of course, I'm not diminishing the roles of you or Toadette. Hell, only reason I even went with Bowser is due to him being my favorite character.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Dec - 0:25

Well after a second thought I  made this section where you can talk about everything.
Bowser helped me to find a picture and a name for it. Questions and suggestions - Page 2 3212940383
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Invincible Star
Invincible Star
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Dec - 0:17

Can I suggest that we delete this new "Luigi" ?
Since he never posted anything and since he will never come back, I thought it would be nice.
He signed up more than a month ago and never even logged in.

(And it makes me suffer to see "The newest registered user is LuigiNumberOne" Questions and suggestions - Page 2 4289658490  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )

Or maybe just send him a message, I dunno  Questions and suggestions - Page 2 4095938269

Can we send a global message, like a email, to all the unactive member?
Telling them we misse them and hope they will come back.
Maybe most of then probably just lost the address. We can't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and suggestions   Questions and suggestions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Mario Land RP Forum :: Before you start, rules, questions and introductions! :: Forum rules, questions and updates.-
Jump to: