Super Mario Land RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Peach

Mushroom Kingdom Princess

Peach

Star Points : 0

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Empty
PostSubject: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 17:39

So this game is coming out in a little less than a month now (November 20th in both America and Europe). We went from very little information being revealed in June to now getting a bunch of information revealed a few days ago, and the unlockable characters were even accidentally leaked.

I plan on getting this game, but I don't really have any hype for this like I tend to get with Mario Kart. There isn't enough new things for me to get very excited over. Anyone really excited for this game?
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Star Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 18:05

I've never been too excited over sport games. Mario Kart is very different, I don't know it we can compare, you have many tracks (I think you only have one court for the tennis game, with maybe different colours and backgrounds but...) many vehicles now, and the online mode!

Is there an online mode for the tennis game? scratch That could make a difference for me.

Oh and obviously I got pissed by everybody talking about Rosalina's skirt so it doesn't help... Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash 4289658490
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 18:15

I really enjoyed Mario Tennis on the Nintendo 64 (the game that brought back Daisy). I also played Mario Power Tennis (the New Control version on the Wii, never got the GameCube one for some reason) and Mario Tennis Open on the 3DS. Mario Tennis doesn't excite me as much as Mario Kart. Mario Kart has tons of courses while it seems like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash has that one basic court as the background but the floor is different for sand, ice, carpet, etc.

Mario Tennis Open has online mode and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash will also have it. You can also use amiibo online too in Ultra Smash. (Daisy and Boo amiibo please Nintendo)

I'm not very excited for the newcomers. I knew Rosalina and Toadette would end up being characters, and the Sprixie Princess was unexpected. I was kind of hoping to be more surprised when it comes to new characters. People will flip out when Rosalina will (probably) be in the new Mario & Sonic 2016 game and she gets a swimsuit...
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Star Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 18:22

I don't get it why Rosalina gets always all the attention..  Neutral

Anyway i alredy played a bit of Mario Tennis Open, it played fine but it wasn't as fun as Mario Power Tennis was.. (The only Mario tennis game i have..) Maybe it's a good game but i dunno.. Also, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash seems short on content.. I miss courts having different gimmicks and characters having special attacks.. Also, getting the Mega Mushroom as the only item is kinda weird to be honest...

It seems like now Nintendo want to simplify and change their Mario IPs. Sometimes it's still great like Super Mario 3D World or Mario Party but sometimes it feels weird like Mario Tennis... scratch  
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 18:28

People really like her for some reason... I think she's kind of boring.

Mario Power Tennis was fun (even though I only have it on Wii which has the Motion Controls only...) and Mario Tennis Open was kind of fun too. Ultra Smash really is lacking gimmicks, it's just the regular court with the ground being different instead of a completely different environment or theme.

I really hope their is more to this. As of now it's very similar to Mario Tennis Open and it more-or-less just feels like Mario Tennis Open for the Wii U with Mega Mushrooms.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Invincible Star
Invincible Star
Luigi

Star Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 19:01

(Rosalina was an interesting character when she was that calm and magical floating princess in Mario Galaxy. She has lost all purpose now she is everywhere, driving karts and smashing people. I love her only in space. Everybody has a place. Just saying.)

The only things I enjoy in Mario sport games are the animations when characters lose/win. I remember enjoying the N64 one so I might enjoy this new one too! I wait to see more videos, but not too many because I enjoy discovering games myself.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySun 25 Oct - 19:10

I only like her in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7, and I guess the Galaxy games too.

I loved Mario Tennis on the N64, I have it for the actual N64, on the Wii Virtual Console, and on the Wii U Virtual console. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyMon 26 Oct - 18:16

It makes me laugh because the forum looks like an "anti Rosalina" place Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash 2049012533
It's not the case though Neutral  it's nothing against the character.

Oooh that's cool there will be an online mode. This can change my mind about getting it as well! (and, having money tongue it helps too)
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyMon 26 Oct - 18:56

Haha XD don't hurt me Rosalina fans!

Hopefully online mode will be good, you can use amiibo online too.
Back to top Go down
Lemmy Koopa

Clown Prince of Koopas

Clown Prince of Koopas
Lemmy Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyThu 29 Oct - 1:58

The roster is short.. It needs Koopalings!! ..Or at least more enemies and other classic characters!
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyThu 29 Oct - 3:10

Heck yeah I'd main Lemmy if he was in a Mario Tennis game!
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Mario Tennis - Monsters of the Court   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 30 Oct - 18:37

Dry Bowser and Bowser Jr. are now officially confirmed. But now Bowser Jr. is in his Clown Car. I guess now that he used it in Smash he has to use it everywhere now. Hopefully neither Dry Bowser or Bowser Jr. have been changed to Power types, we already have four of them in the game. (Junior was Tricky in the past Mario Tennis games, Dry Bowser was Defense)

The Clown Car is also holding the tennis racket, making Bowser Jr. (in my opinion) the 2nd "Lazy" character in the game as he doesn't actually hold the tennis racket. Rosalina is the first one, she floats instead of running which to me makes the idea of her having a sports outfit pointless.

The two other unlockable characters were accidentally leaked, but I will not reveal them if you don't want me to. They will probably get a trailer soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 30 Oct - 18:42

(I merged the two topics together because it's one topic per game Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash 738143541 )

I really like dry Bowser's design so I'm happy about it :-)
I really start to enjoy the ideas of this game.
Rosalina is lazy.
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 30 Oct - 18:49

(oh ok XD)

Dry Bowser always looks cool in HD graphics, I think he's a bit of a lazy choice but still cool though.
Yes Rosalina is lazy, she's in Mario Golf World Tour on the 3DS and she doesn't even HOLD her golf club, she "holds" it with the help of her wand. Sports make Rosalina lazy. XD Oh, she wore her regular dress in that game too. All of a sudden she needs a minidress for tennis in another game where she floats?

R.I.P. Diddy Kong
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 30 Oct - 22:39

I wonder how Rosalina manages to be so good looking and fit while she barely moves. I, Daisy, have to work out a lot to keep my nice body! That is sooo unfair. Maybe because she comes from a place where the gravity is so different you don't have time to get fat. Or maybe she doesn't eat Neutral
Oh well, sorry, I stop with Rosalina Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash 4289658490
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 30 Oct - 22:46

Pffft come on Daisy you're much prettier and fit than Rosalina. She's just lazy and wants to show off in front of the boys. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash 3965300714
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Well this game is going to suck now...   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptySat 31 Oct - 17:20

No Tournament mode... really?!
Can't play online with friends, just random opponents. Whatever, that's a dumb idea but I don't care that much.

I'm still going to buy this because it's Mario Tennis, but why is there no Tournament Mode? I think all the others had it (not sure about the Virtual Boy, Game Boy, and GBA Tennis games) so why not here? The closest thing we have to Tournament Mode is the Knockout Challenge.

This game is not going to top Mario Tennis 64 in my opinion, that's for sure. Mario Tennis 64 is my favorite Mario Tennis.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 22:59

So has anybody tried it yet?
I'm very so-so about it. I wanted to but, as you said, no tournament mode... And also I read a lot of bad reviews, and when I saw the price in the shop, I backed of. It's an uncomplete game and it's sold for the price of a full game Neutral
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:08

Yes, I got it at midnight. I don't think it's as bad as people are saying it is. It's not the best Mario Tennis game though. I'd recommend Mario Tennis on the N64 over this.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is a great game for multiplayer. The game is fun, it's just lacking a few things like Tournament Mode and the minigames. I've been having fun training my Peach amiibo in the Knockout Challenge. I also unlocked Sprixie Princess and just unlocked Dry Bowser a few minutes ago.

Mario Tennis on the N64 remains the best Mario Tennis in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:14

I supposed it's fun because you just got it and having a new game is always fun but, once all your characters are unlocked, and once you've played a few times with your friends online, aren't you scared you will get bored soon?

Considering I got bored of Smash Bros and never touched it again after unlocking all the characters, I'm scared it will be the same.
It's even worse, all the courts are similar from what I read (the colours change but not the shapes) so it doesn't help.

I was happy because I wanted to see my favourite characters with good graphics but I have lost my hype after reading the reviews :-(
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:22

You actually can't play against your friends online... one problem with this game is that.

This game needs to be updated soon with more features and maybe DLC. Japan isn't getting this game until the end of January who knows if anything will happen. This game is supposed to be one of Nintendo's big holiday titles. Don't get me wrong, this game is decent and not absolutely terrible. You'll have fun with it for at least a little while.

The courts are similar as they all are in the same stadium, but they play different. But that's it really.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:27

I also saw it was region locked as well so even if we'll be able to play with friends, I wont...As a lot of my friends live outside of Europe >_<

I'm sure it's still nice but not complete enough. I'm talking in Euros as I live in Europe so, a game like this should cost 30-35€ max but I saw it was 50€, which is the price of a really decent long game, not a sport one. I would pay 30€ for it but not 50.
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:36

Really? Mario Kart lets you play against anyone around the world and with friends, but Mario Tennis can't? Wow. Mario Tennis Open's online mode is better than this...

Wii U games are usually $60 here, this game was $50. Hopefully this game will be like Splatoon and will add more stuff later on. This game will probably get a price drop eventually.
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:43

Yup except if people lie.

See Splatoon is 33€ here, less expensive and still complete and fun.
I hope Ultra smash will drop!
Back to top Go down
Peach

Peach

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash EmptyFri 20 Nov - 23:53

I haven't tried online yet so I'm not too sure.

I'm sure the price will drop eventually, considering the lack of features in the game. It will probably only sell well because it's a Mario game and Rosalina is in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash   Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next