Super Mario Land RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mario Party topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Star Points : 5

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptyThu 22 Oct - 2:40

So here is my Mario Party topic!
I really love this series and i wanted to ask everybody interessed, what do you think about it?
Do you like it? Love it? Or don't care about it? Or even hates it?
What are you favorite games of the series? Like the car system or no? Miss the star system?
And what do you think the future for the series look like? Reboot? Go to root? Ends it completly?
Personally, i love both system and i would love a completly new system for the next game!
Also, my favorites are MP1,2,6 and 9 I also really like MP3,7 and DS! Mario Party topic 1673654143
What about you all?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Star Points : 3

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptyThu 22 Oct - 23:08

That's an interesting topic and knowing that there are so many Mario party games, it's going to be a long story tongue . Don't slap me but I don't think I actually played them all. For sure, I played the forst ones because it was new and I was curious, from what I remember I had quite a lot of fun, and at the time I used to have friends to play with so it was more exciting... Theeen a big gap happened in my life where I was quite alone, and I never enjoyed playing Mario Party on my own Sad So I think I never played some of them...
For sure I have 8, 9 and 10, and also the Mario Party Island tour on the 3DS (and I really love this one, I played it a lot for some reasons!)

I think it's a great serie, but what frustrates me the most, is that some mini games are really exciting but too short Neutral it's like you start to have fun and then "THE END". The board part can be really long sometimes, especially when you have to watch the computer playing and a lot of things happen during their turn. But when you are 4 people playing (which never happened to me *forever alone*) I'm sure it's way funnier.

The car system, you mean the thing where all the characters are on the same car and moving at the same time? It's not bad, it's different and it's a good thing they did it. Because at least it makes a little difference from a gamt to another. (despite the mini games of course)

I like the fact you have both option on mario party 10 : both the car, and normal board (the amiibo thing). Just sad the board is so small!

I loved Mario Party island tour because of all the different modes for the board : the one where you lose if you finish first, the one with the card instead of dice etc... They should put more options on the other games!

I don't know in which one it was, 8 or 9 maybe, you had to buy a hotel and invest stars in it... I liked it Razz

I think Mario Party is a really great serie and I'm glad they always change something about it.
I find it more entertaining than Mario Tennis, to be honest I don't understand how people don't get board after hitting the ball 3 times Shocked

Oh! I remember a Mario Party I used to play a lot too, probably on the N64 or maybe Gamecube, you had a volley ball mini game and I used to play it all the time!
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptyFri 23 Oct - 0:04

Well, not much peoples played all of them. (*cough* I have never the E-Reader version personally *cough*)
And personally i can enjoy playing Mario Party alone.. Well, i mostly play it alone anyway.   Mario Party topic 27047962  

Oh yeah well they are minigames after all ^^' I agree some minigames would be great in longer version!  Also, the board is pretty long i agree. It's one of the advantages of the car system. It's not very long anymore and even the computer turns are interessing to watch! But i also enjoy a pretty long board as well  Very Happy

I exactly think the same about the car system. Also, a lot of people ignores the fact it saved the Mario Party series since they didn't had any ideas for the old system anymore..

Mario Party 10 is great for that! But it wasn't well executed because of the limitations of the Amiibo Mode.. Well, we can still play the older Mario Party games, they are still awesome! Also, Mario Party Island Tour is nice but there is some flaws on it that i can't forget.. And it's on Mario Party 8 it's a pretty good board! Maybe the best board on the game maybe?

Yeah same im not gonna buy Mario Tennis Ultra Smash since it doesn't look that fun just.. Pretty to the eyes. To be fair, you should try Mario Power Tennis this one is pretty fun since courts have some fun hasards and every characters has special moves. Plus, there is a lot of bonus modes which makes the game pretty interessing (but no Toad or Toadette  Sad )

And for the last sentence.. It's tricky because both Mario Party 4 and Mario Party 5 on the GameCube has a bonus mode with an volleyball extra minigame.. Well,i guess we'll never know..   Suspect  
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptyFri 23 Oct - 0:28

It's alright I can understand, it's just the way I am. I can't watch movies or cartoon alone either. Mario Party topic Shrug

They just need to find a happy middle. Not tooooo long and not too short. Too short is not funny.
Oh! Talking about short, I forgot to talk about the Bowser mode in Mario Party 10, because I find this too short too, and quite unfair. Never saw Bowser winning, computer or played by me, it's like impossible Neutral But I only played like 3 or 4 times so... I was also a bit disappointed of Mario Party 10, I can't explain why. Graphics are of course great, but I didn't have as much fun as I used to have with the previous series, when I played with my friends?
And the photo thing... It's a bit useless to be honest.

I don't know if the cars saved the serie, as I haven't played a few games, but I enjoyed the difference, really! It's nice to have both and switch from a game to another.

What are the flaws you are talking about, in Mario Party island tour?

I'm annoyed of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash because the only thing people are talking about is how sexy Rosalina looks in her sport outfit... I'm pissed. I loved Rosalina in Mario Galaxy and now she's everywhere, making people forget about me more and more... Sorry that's not the subject XD
They should do a PROPER Mario Sport game, where they would include the football, tennis, golf etc...
That would be really cool, but would make less money of course...

It was like 12 years ago XD (wow!) when I used to play this volleyball game all the time. I probably spent more time on the volleyball game than the boards Mario Party topic 2049012533
Yeah I've just checked, it was Mario Party 4. In the 5 one, you had team names and I remember there wasn't any team name in my teams.

So I guess it means I have stopped playing after the 4 because I can't remember anything about what I just saw from the 5. And I started to play again when the 8th came out. So I missed 5, 6, 7. What was I doing with my life? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptyFri 23 Oct - 0:46

Personally.. It's the same! Mario Party 10 wasn't that great.. Sure it's.. different  but Mario Party 9 was better using the car system.. I also think they made the car mode even shorter than in Mario Party 9 and even more unfair and luck-based than it was before.. (You can steal half the ministar of an opponement SERIOUSLY?!  Shocked ) Also.. I played Bowser Party a lot and i've seen the Mario gang winning almost everytime.. That sucks...  Neutral  The photo thing is meh as well..

I also think the same since all the first 8 entries used the same system.. But it's almost a fact since i don't think there would have been other Mario Party entries if they didn't find this car system idea.

For Mario Party Island Tour.. To be fair, it lacked in bonus contents and the boards are good but.. Some ruing themselves by adding unnecessary luck-based elements to their boards and it's kinda sad since at the final, all the boards are about luck. (The best exemple is the first board, the game would have been better without the Kamek item and the whomp at the end in my opinion.) Also, Bowser Jr being destroyed by Bowser's hammer is kinda heart-breaking....

Oh yeah it's true! I started to hate Rosalina before because of her popularity. Seriously Rosalina being the only unlockable character in 3D World annoyed me. (What about Yoshi, Wario or even Toadette?!) And well.. Have you even heard of Mario Sports Mix? It has 4 sports in one (Basketball, Dodgeball, Hockey and Volleyball) and it's my favorite Mario Sport Game! (Also, you can try the Mario  & Sonic at the olympic games series as well... Or Mario Party  Mario Party topic 3344622487 )

Well personally i loved Panels of Doom in this game. (Even if it was purely luck-based) Oh okay! I even did story mode with all characters! Mario Party topic 2049012533  Well you missed the orb system of items then!
Back to top Go down
Daisy

Sarasaland Princess

Sarasaland Princess
Daisy

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptySat 24 Oct - 2:07

I also found ridiculous and unfair this stealing stars systems. I remember the first time I played and saw that, ended up with like 120 stars while other players had 20 max, I thought that was unfair... As unfair as the blue shell in Mario Kart Razz

Well most Mario Party are about luck anyway. That's a thing :/ even the mini games. I HATE mini games based on luck (like "pick up a shell and see" or "choose the right flower pot". I prefer when it's based on skills! You are even more proud to win.

And no I never played the sport mix but it sounds good!
Omg Mario and Sonic olympic games are awful... I tried, I just find the gameplay horrible, impossible to handle and sometimes it's so badly explained I don't even understand what to do. And same as my previous problem, some games are too short Surprised !

Yes I missed a lot of things but I'm planning to collect all the Mario Party games before I die xD so I will hopefully try them one day :3 !
Back to top Go down
Toadette

Pink Mushroom

Pink Mushroom
Toadette

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic EmptySun 25 Oct - 13:53

I prefear the ones based on skill as well. But i also find good when they mix luck and skill. But i prefear skill-based minigames for sure! Mario Party topic 3212940383

Sports Mix is good.. Boring at first Sleep but when you get used to it, you can have really fun and interessing matches! cheers

I really love this series personally especially London Games! But i can see why, sorry SEGA but most of the time, the controls in their games are.. Awkward.. That's a shame.. Sad

Good Luck! Mario Party topic 2827780 That was my goal as a kid and well.. I have them all now! HOORAY!! Mario Party topic 2887616058
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mario Party topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Party topic   Mario Party topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Party topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1